2021 has been all about PoS Chains taking centre stage. The multi-chain world arrived successfully. And it is built on Proof of Stake technology. Right as predicted in 2017 when we started StakingRewards.com.
2022 will be the year that hits the nail in the Proof of Work coffin. At least for every chain that is trying to do a tad more than hard store of value. 2022 will be the year of the Ethereum 2.0 Merge to Proof of Stake.
While the multi-chain world arrived, it will be especially interesting to watch the emergence of Layer 2, and the Inter-Chain. Meaning chains will scale up, and many application will even get their own chains. We can see that with the explosion of L2 on Ethereum, and Cosmos Ecosystem starting right now.
Terra is continuously hitting all-time highs and the Cosmos ecosystem is gaining momentum after the recent launch of IBC. As of yesterday Osmosis hit $1B TVL.
Team Staking Rewards
Staking at a Glance
Global Staking Research
- Vitalik Buterin outlines the ‘endgame’ roadmap for ETH 2.0. which includes adding a second tier of staking, with low resource requirements. Read more: https://vitalik.ca/general/2021/12/06/endgame.html
- Also, here’s a summary of the ETH supply by BitMex Research: https://blog.bitmex.com/checking-ethereums-total-supply/
- Over 8.8M ETH has now been deposited to the ETH 2.0 staking contract, with around 277K total validators
- The non-profit organization behind the development of meme-based cryptocurrency Dogecoin has announced a partnership with Vitalik Buterin to create a staking mechanism for $DOGE https://foundation.dogecoin.com/trailmap/prologue/
- Cosmos-Based Exchange Osmosis Crosses $1B in Locked Value. Trading volumes crossed $95 million on the decentralized exchange while prices of its native tokens surged to all-time highs
- Gnosis($GNO) will merge with xDAI ($STAKE) as a majority of STAKE holders (both in stake weight & the number of voters) support the xDai | Gnosis token merger.
- Snapshot for the latest Terra Delegation Program (TDP) Round 1 has been released
- After 5 years of research and development, and a multi-stage launch that began in May of 2020, Polkadot launch is now complete
- Exchange-based Staking for Dock on the 2022 Roadmap
- Crypto history in the making. NuCypher and Keep Network are finalising the merge into T Network
- Blackpool Staking v2 released!
- Yearn has introduced new tokenomics in a similar fashion to Curve, where holders can lock up for up to 4 years, and receive higher staking rewards, the longer they lock up
- Dusk Network is setting out to publicly launch their Testnet on February 1st
- Tenderbake, the new classic-style consensus algorithm that offers quick and deterministic finality and safety under asynchrony, has been injected.
- Co-Founder of Maker is shooting against Terra UST and MIM. What do you think?
- Rari Capital and Fei Protocol Merge to “FeiRari”
- Clover has made it to the fifth slot of the Polkadot parachain auction
- Reminder: Did you claim your LUM Network Airdrop yet?
- Crypto Exchange Kraken Acquires Staking Platform Staked, The crypto exchange referred to the deal as “one of the largest crypto industry acquisitions to date”. The amount paid has not been disclosed. https://blog.kraken.com/post/12265/kraken-to-allow-a-new-way-to-earn-crypto-rewards-with-staked-acquisition/
- Crypto staking businesses are making an absolute fortune, money has flooded into proof-of-stake blockchains, propelling their values up.
- Canadian blockchain infrastructure and services provider Figment raised $110 million in Series C. https://www.forbes.com/sites/ninabambysheva/2021/12/20/crypto-staking-firm-figment-becomes-unicorn-with-fresh-110-million-funding/
- Crypto.com announces that Terra (LUNA) will be listed on Supercharger allowing users to have the chance to boost their returns by 20x! (While these rewards are very high, keep in mind that you get the most sustainable yield only by delegating LUNA on-chain)
- ETH 2.0 Staking Protocol ‘Rocket Pool’ Hits $360 Million TVL Within Five Weeks. It is now the second biggest liquid staking solution after Lido.
- Staking SOL with Lido? Take your yield further with these strategies
- Injective Pro has crossed $1 Billion in total volume traded in less than a month
- The SpookySwap DEX now has over 1.2B TVL, 1.16B in the DEX, and 76M in single-staked $BOO
Brought to you by our friends
Foundry Digital. Better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
Meme of the Week
Staking Rewards Insights
Illuvium is a decentralized gaming studio that merges online gaming with cryptocurrency. They create uniquely functional, evolving, and high production-value NFTs that are playable in a universe of play-to-earn gaming titles. Right now, 18.38% of the total eligible supply is being staked and stakers are earning ~16.8% on a yearly basis. At the time of writing, Illuvium is ranked #35 of PoS chains by Staked Value.
$ILV Staking Stats as of Jan 4th. Visit the asset profile for more info.
Crypto.com Coin ($CRO)
Crypto.com Coin is the native token of the Cosmos-SDK-based Crypto.com chain. Currently, 14.46% of the total eligible supply are being staked and stakers earn around 15.3% annualized while delegating their assets. After adjusting for inflation Crypto.com coin has one of the highest rewards across the top PoS chains. Crypto.com ranks within the top 20 PoS chains by Staked Value and is a candidate for the SR20 index.
$CRO Staking Stats as of Jan 4th. Visit the asset profile for more info.
For the full list of assets on Staking Rewards, visit our Crypto Assets Page.
Latest Provider Integrations:
unFederalReserve™ is a fintech SaaS company combining software built on blockchain technology and 200 years of consumer lending experience. Their banking products are designed for smaller U.S. Treasury chartered banks and non-bank lenders in need of a DeFi strategy and greater liquidity without sacrificing security or compliance.
Unfederal Reserve Stats as of Jan 4th. Visit the provider profile for more info.
For the full list of Providers on Staking Rewards, visit our Providers Page.
Staking Rewards Events
On January 5th, we will be hosting our first Staking Rewards All-Hands Call of the year.
To sign-up to attend this behind-closed-doors call and meeting and speak with the team, submit your name and email on this form! With 100+ signed up already, it is bound to be a great meeting.
All Hands Call Agenda (Wednesday – January 5th 3.15pm-4pm GMT)
- Welcome to the call, purpose – Mirko (CEO)
- 2021 Company Summary & the road ahead in 2022
- Backend/Tech progress in 2021 and the road ahead in 2022
- 2022 Product Roadmap
- 2022 Design Updates
- Data and Research Updates
- SR20 updates/re-cap to date
- Community Q&A – ~15 mins
Yesterday (January 3rd), we spoke with Sunny Aggarwal of Osmosis ($OSMO) on Superfluid Staking, their 2022 Roadmap, the Cosmos ($ATOM) ecosystem in general, and much more. To check out the full interview with tonnes of alpha, watch here!
Current Vacancies at Staking Rewards:
Join us on a mission to democratize passive wealth generation.
We are looking for proactive, intelligent, and determined people to join our team across all functions.
The positions are all fully remote but restricted to CET +/- 6.
Learn more and apply here:
- Backend Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Editor in Chief
- Sales Analyst
- Graphic Designer (email us)
- Senior Cryptoasset Research Analyst
- Research Analyst (Internship)
- Software Engineer (Internship / Working Student)
- Remote Freelance Arabic Language Translator
- Remote Freelance French Language Translator
- Remote Freelance Indonesian Language Translator
- Remote Freelance Japanese Language Translator
- Remote Freelance Korean Language Translator
- Remote Freelance Portuguese Language Translator
- Remote Freelance Russian Language Translator
- Remote Freelance Spanish Language Translator
- Remote Freelance Translator for Chinese Traditional
- Remote Freelance Turkish Language Translator